Registration is now open for the 2017 mission trip to Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Tucson.
Any Faith student currently in grades 9–12 is eligible to participate in the mission trip, which is scheduled for Saturday, June 10 – Sunday, June 18, 2017.
I’m excited to announce Faith Lutheran’s participation in Rooted, a joint effort of the ELCA’s Southeastern Iowa Synod and its partner synod, the Grand Canyon Synod. This unique trip aims to strengthen one another for life and mission within the body of Christ. Through worship, learning, and service, high school youth and adults will gain insight into the culture and people of our respective synods while on the territory of the Grand Canyon Synod.
This journey will open our eyes to the opportunities that Christ sets before us, calling us to deepen our commitment and discipleship as communities of faith and as individual disciples. Participants will be learning about the joys and challenges of the culture and the church’s role in responding to issues like human trafficking, homelessness, and immigration/border issues. Both learning and service opportunities will be integrated into the week.
If your child would like to attend, you must complete the following two-step registration process in order to ensure his or her spot is reserved:
1) Complete the online registration form located here - http://bit.ly/missiontrip17
* This is the only way to secure a spot for your child—Email, phone/text, and verbal commitments are not sufficient.
* Adults interested in chaperoning the trip may find information and online registration at http://bit.ly/MTchaperone17
2) Make a non-refundable deposit of $150 per student no later than Sunday, January 15 in one of two ways:
* Cash or check (made payable to Faith Lutheran Church) may be dropped off at Faith during regular business hours or during Wednesday and Sunday programming
* Secure online payments may be made at http://bit.ly/FLCpayment. (N.B. “Quantity” refers to the number of students for whom you are making a deposit. And be sure to select the “One Time” option for “Registration/Fees Frequency.”)
A second payment of $150 per youth participant will be due no later than Sunday, March 26, 2017. Adults intending to chaperone must also make a $150 payment by March 26, however, no second payment is required for chaperones.
Need-based scholarships are available; please contact Jake for more information.
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact Jake with questions or comments!